Boulder Retaining Walls
Are you looking for a natural way to hold back a slope on your property and/or prevent erosion? There are thousands of properties in our area that don't have absolutely flat topography. The most natural looking solution to this common problem is the construction of a boulder retaining wall.
Why Do You Need A Boulder Retaining Wall?
- Do you have an existing retaining wall that has failed?
- Do you have a sloped property and you want to prevent erosion?
- Do you love the natural look of a boulder wall?
SLC Lawn Services LLC is a local landscape construction and installation company based out of West Valley and serving the Salt Lake City Metro area. We specialize in designing and building boulder walls for property owners looking to landscape their naturally sloped property. From a 30′ foot long small boulder wall to surround some garden beds to larger, more complicated, stacked or tiered boulder retaining walls, we can help. The team at SLC Lawn Services will be able to provide you with a boulder wall solution that will compliment your specific property.
We work with local quarries and landscape suppliers and we can source a variety of boulders in varying shapes and sizes. We have the heavy equipment necessary to move and place the boulders for your wall.
How Our Boulder Wall Construction Process Works
When building a boulder on your property that is designed to hold back soil and earth from erosion there is very little margin for error so when required we work directly with engineers if your wall is over 4 feet in height. Smaller boulder walls do not have this same requirement.
- We start with our initial consultation.
- We determine the size of boulder wall you need.
- We determine the height of the wall and if a building permit or engineer will be required.
- We take into account any additional features such as stairs, water features, lighting, and more.
- We take into account any surcharges (weight) the wall might be exposed to (such as a parking area above the wall or other heavy loads)
- We’ll provide you with an accurate written estimate for the work.
The amount of work required to build a boulder wall can vary widely from project to project. The slope of your property, the amount of earth your retaining wall must hold back, the size of the boulders we're using and the overall accessibility of your property will all contribute to the final cost. We’ll be able to offer you an accurate estimate only after a site visit.
If you’d like to schedule a consultation for your boulder wall construction project please give us a call (801) 637-8931 or fill out our online contact form and we’ll get back to you right away.